NONLINEAR DYNAMICSA.Y. 2008/2009
Hours for week: 3 - Weeks: 12
Hours of lectures: 36 - Hours of laboratory: 0 - Hours of others activities: 0
- Dynamical linear systems. Examples of linear dynamical systems and non linear dynamical systems. Equilibria.
- Non linear differential equations. Well-posedness: existence and uniqueness of solution.
- Qualitative analysis of second order non linear systems: phase portrait.
- Stability of equilibrium points in non linear systems. Lyapunov based analysis.
- Structural stability and bifurcations.
- Analysis of limit cycles: methods for stability analysis of limit cycles.
- Frequency approach for stability analysis: circle criterion.
- Quasi-periodic solutions and overview of chaos theory.
To provide basic concepts of non linear systems analysis focusing to applications of control applied to non linear plants.
Lectures and numerical simulations in computer laboratory.
S. Strogatz, "Nonlinear dynamics and chaos", Westview Press
H. Khalil, "Nonlinear Systems", Prentice-Hall, 3rd edition